British Cactus and Succulent Society
The BCSS has about 80 branches which are organised into zones. We are part of Zone 9, along with Bristol, Gloucester, and Wiltshire branches. An annual Zone Convention is held as a one day meeting in addition to BCSS South Wales Branch meetings listed below.
Meetings in 2017 will start at 7.30pm on the third Wednesday each month (January excepted) unless otherwise indicated.
If you are interested, please do come along and see what our meetings are all about!
Table show classes are indicated by *.
Registered Charity No. 290786.
For further information, contact any Branch Official.
SOUTH AFRICAN SUCCULENTS HARRY HALL
After last year’s success, we will show another society DVD!
* Cleistocactus subgroup, Astrophytum group, Adromischus subgroup, Aloe group, Othonna group
SOUTH AFRICAN SUCCULENTS
Another chance to see more of these splendid plants.
* Echinocactus group, Opuntia group, Espostoa subgroup, Echeveria subgroup, Agave group, Pelargonium group
MY FAVORITE CACTI & SUCCULENTS AND HOW TO GROW THEM
All are welcome to this open meeting, aimed at beginners
* Pachycereus subgroup, Mammillaria group, Thelocactus group, Aeonium subgroup, Crassula subgroup, Peperomia group
Saturday May 13th
SOUTH WALES BRANCH SHOW
at Graig Community Centre, Bassaleg, Newport (1 mile from M4 on A468 towards Caerphilly)
A fantastic exhibition of plants by local growers, and a huge range of cacti and succulents for sale at bargain prices. Please enter our show!
A wonderful range of free flowering succulents
* Rebutia group, Parodia group, Strombocactus group, Sedum subgroup, Cristate succulent.
Saturday June 10th
VISIT TO MEMBERS' COLLECTIONS
Today we will vist the following collections at the approximate times stated:
1.30pm Frank Sengpiel - for address details, please contact Frank at email@example.com or 029 2087 5698
2.30pm Chris Moseley - 5 Cherry Orchard Road, Lisvane, Cardiff CF14 0UD Tel 029 2075 1023
3.30pm Peter Fisher - 38 Heol y Delyn, Lisvane, Cardiff CF14 0SR Tel 029 2075 9402
WHAT I DID LAST WINTER
As always, a very enviable trip!
* Echinocereus group, Melocactus group, Euphorbia group, Stapelia group (excluding Hoodia subgroup), Adenia group.
THE DESERT IN FLOWER, CHILE & ARGENTINA 2010
Stunning plants and amazing scenery
* Gymnocalycium group, Matucana group, Turbinicarpus group, Hoodia subgroup, Anacampseros group
ERIOSYCE IN CULTIVATION
Neoporterias, Neochileneas, Islayas and all the rest
* Echinopsis group, Rhipsalis group, Lophophora group, Gasteria group, Didierea group
GARDENS, COLLECTIONS AND NURSERIES IN THE USA
A wide range of different establishments over the pond
* Stenocactus group, Pediocactus group, Conophytum subgroup, Lithops subgroup, Ceropegia group, Dorstenia group
COLONISE AND POPULATE
Is this an episode from Doctor Who?
* Coryphantha group, Copiapoa group, Mesembryanthemum group (excluding Conophytum and Lithops subgroups), Pachypodium group, Kedrostis group
NOBODY GROWS THESE
One of our own members who grows some very unusual plants
* Ariocarpus group, Eriosyce group, Cristate / Monstrose cactus, Haworthia group, Sempervivum subgroup
AGM & CHRISTMAS BUFFET
A chance to enjoy yourself. This is primarily a social occasion with lots of food, once the important business of the AGM is quickly finished.
Contributions to the festive spirit welcomed
* (no table show)
Go to the main BCSS Page.